Home cooked chinese food is like the ultimate weekend menu at our place. We all love the comfort of eating nice piping hot, saucy Chinese food on a lazy weekend. But off late we discovered that the ready made Schezwan sauce was too pungent for our taste. Eventually the Chinese food lost all its charm and we stopped cooking our favourite noodles. We tried ordering Chinese food but it was just too oily. Hence we had a very long break from our beloved Chinese food.But then last weekend we finally decided to get over this obstacle. We decided to make our own Schezwan sauce. Fresh, home made sauce, without any preservatives and so without the repelling pungent taste. We thought it would be quiet difficult, but it was rather very easy.The best part was we could control every flavour in that sauce and make it to our taste. And then those home cooked noodles tasted better than ever. It was the perfect way to end our weekend. Nice, hot, spicy Schezwan noodles with home made Schezwan sauce.
1 cup whole red chillies (kashmiri)
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp chopped green chillies
1 chopped onion
2 star anise ( crushed)
1 tsp red chilli pwd
1 cup tomato ketchup
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp chilli sauce
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
ajinomoto a pinch
1/2 cup oil
1. Boil the red chillies in water for one minute, grind it to a rough paste.
2. In a pan, put oil, add ginger, garlic, green chillies, onions, star anise and saute until onions are just
3. Add the chilli paste which you have grinded, saute for one minute.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to boil.
5. Simmer for 5 minutes and the sauce is ready.